Saturday, March 28, 2015

The end of a season...

As I write this post I am watching my second college basketball game of the day.  It is the elite eight round and my team, Duke, is still in!! *happy dance* They, however don't play until tomorrow.  That will be the game deciding whether they make it to the final four and they eventually (hopefully) the championship game! 

This all makes me very excited and sad at the same time.  You see, for the past few months I have looked forward to watching pretty much any college basketball game I could find! What am I going to do with no college basketball :/  I know it sounds crazy, but I go through the same thing when college football ends.  

I usually count down the days until these two sports start up again.  I also like baseball, but it doesn't quite grab my attention as much as football and basketball.  For instance, this morning I knew the Texas Tech spring game was being held.  I wasn't able to go watch it live but you can bet I was watching it in my pajamas this morning!  I get such a rush out of the competition and it makes me excited for the upcoming season! 

This got me to thinking about the "seasons" we have in school.  We have the yay first of the year, the only a few more weeks until Christmas, the how long until spring break, and then the countdown to summer.  After a long year there is nothing I look more forward to then the countdown to summer.  This is the time of year when students are always crazy busy, testing takes over schools, and teachers are just trying to survive until the end of the week for a rest on the weekend. 

This would also be the point in the "season" where we know our sport is getting ready to end.  Just as with sports, this is a bitter sweet time for me.  I'm excited for a nice break but also sad to say bye to the seniors I have know since they were sophomores.  Next year will be even harder because I would have know them from the time they were freshman.  I know they will be gradiating and winning that "championship" which is great but at the same time, the following year they won't be walking the halls they have come to know over the past four years...

Getting to see my team win a championship is amazing but my proudest moment is watching my kids walk across that stage.  Not only that, but continuing to keep up with them as they grow and make their dreams come true!  The exciting things about seasons is that although there is an end, there will always be another beginning... 

Lots of love, a teacher and her pup ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment