Friday, March 20, 2015

I did it...

I did it!!!! I checked off one of the things on my New Years resolution list! This is something that I have struggled with for sometime but this spring break was the perfect time to do its!

I went and saw a movie by myself! I know that doesn't sound like much of an accomplishment but if you have never been alone then it can be a little nerve racking.  I am single and although I have a lot of friends, I don't want to have to rely on them to go do something as simple as watch a movie. I knew it was the perfect time because Alamo Drafthouse was letting teachers watch movies for free before 6 during the week of spring break.  So, not only did I check something off of my list but I did it for free (besides the popcorn :) of course).

One of my next to-do's on my New Years resolution list is to eat at a restaurant by myself.  I think this will be harder than the movie.  I am very social but it was easy to go and sit in a quite movie theatre and watch a movie.  I feel like I will have to take a book with me or something when I go out to eat just to keep me busy lol! If not I may just start talking to myself!

However small or large my accomplishments, I take them on day at a time.  I have been thinking about going to the movies alone for years and I'm glad I finally did it!

Lots of love, a teacher and her pup ❤️

8 comments:

  1. That's great! Restaurant IS hard - but I have to tell you, just did that myself and it was AWESOME. So quiet and still. Pro tip: Sit by a window!!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great feeling to check this off your list! Good for you! I remember my first time alone at the movie theater. I had to stand in line to wait for tickets and I brought a magazine - it was before cell phones. Take yourself out for dinner. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I have not gone to a movie by myself but have eaten in restaurants alone. Honestly it's not that bad especially if you bring an iPad or phone to keep you company :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should go to a sports bar type place and watch some bball!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!! But, people would probably think I was crazy for yelling at the tv so much lol!

      Delete
  5. Congrats! Way to take that first step. I agree that eating out will be harder, but it looks like you are well on your way and way ahead of me and my list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! Way to take that first step. I agree that eating out will be harder, but it looks like you are well on your way and way ahead of me and my list.

    ReplyDelete