Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Here goes nothin...

Well, I'm pretty new to this whole blogging thing...and when I say pretty new I mean this is the first one I've ever done! One of my best friends encouraged me to participate in the slice of life 31 day challenge and here I am.  Let me start out by telling you a bit about myself...

I'm a small town girl raised in the panhandle of TEXAS surrounded by cotton fields and tumble weeds.  I have since moved to a city in west TEXAS (can you tell I love my state) where I teach high school Spanish to some of the best students a teacher could ask for. I am the youngest in a family of  six, which includes my dad, my mom, three sisters and two brothers.  I am also the worlds best auntie to fourteen (yes, I said fourteen) nices and nephews! In my free time I love to spend time with my family, watch Netflix, read, shop, play with my dog Raider, and watch sports!

I am a HUGE sports fanatic! Whether it's little league, high school, college, or pro I'll be there watching it live or or screaming at my TV in my living room. I definitely have my favorite teams but I can get into almost any football, basketball, or baseball game going on.

If I'm not watch sports, I'm watching Netflix! First of all, whoever invented it is a genius! The thing I love the most about Netflix is the amount of variety offered. I find random TV shows and movies that I never even imagined watching. A great example of this is what I am watching as I type.  Arrow has become one of my new obsessions! My dog, on the other hand doesn't seem too impressed.

Raider is my baby and the joy of my life (pictures to come)! I got him for Valentine's Day in 2013 and my love for him has done nothing but grow from that day forward.  He is a maltese-poodle mix that is spoiled rotten! He loves Doritos, squeaky toys, taking long naps, walks at the park, and clothes. I know some people have to force their dogs to wear clothes but Raider loves them! When he sees me get one of his shirts or sweaters he starts wildy dancing around and jumping. Weird, I know but what can I say! Like owner like pet lol!

That's me in a nut shell! I look forward to not only sharing my thoughts and experiences but reading and enjoying what others are sharing from all over!

Lots of love, a teacher and her pup ❤️

6 comments:

  1. Welcome,I'm new too. Keep up the good work, blogging is such a good way to grow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO GLAD YOURE DOING THIS!!!!!!! I woke Dot up laughing out loud about the description of Raider liking doritos and clothes. Glad you got your post working!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome! I love your blog theme and layout! Thanks for the introduction. Enjoy the Slice of Life challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading your story! I can't wait to see a photo of Raider in her clothes!! Keep writing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the world of blogging. I've been participating in the March challenge for 4 years, and every year I feel I come out the other side a better writer and a more observant human. I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to our community! This was a great introduction. I feel like we got several glimpses into different areas of your life. I can't wait to read more of your Slices, especially about your clothes-lovin' pup!

    ReplyDelete